“If you are content, you aren’t doing your job right”
GET TO KNOW KATIE IN FIVE
5. What do you like most about what you do?
I love making a difference in a firm. When I can sit back and see how an idea I had or a strategy I implemented had a positive impact, I feel most rewarded.
4. What are you most proud of?
When I joined Rea, I was their first ever marketing hire. Over my 11 years there, I built a marketing and growth infrastructure and team that would become a foundation for success long after I was gone.
3. Describe your work style?
I’m definitely a get-it-done person. I also don’t like to do something the same way twice – there has to be a way to make it better. As I look for improvement, I also have to keep my desire for perfection in check.
2. What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
Anyone who knows me has probably already heard about one or more of my 15 nieces and nephews. They are some of the many benefits of being a part of a large family (I have five siblings).
1. How would you describe yourself in one word?
It’s a drive for improvement coupled with intense passion for what she does that inspires Katie to help CPA firms develop strategies that increase top-line revenue and increase profitability. A proven and nationally recognized marketer, Katie is taking what she successfully implemented on the job to help even more firms develop a culture of growth and to help firm leaders figure out how and where they can grow their client base. A self-proclaimed data geek, Katie uses all sorts of data to help firms determine their best growth strategies.
Before starting CPA Growth Guides in 2015, Katie spent all of her nearly 20 year career in professional services marketing including roles at local, regional, super-regional and national firms:
- Regional Marketing Director | BDO USA, LLA
- Director (non-equity partner)/Director of Practice Growth | SS&G, Inc.
- Director of Practice Growth | Rea & Associates, Inc.
- Marketing Manager | Rea & Associates, Inc.
- Marketing Coordinator | Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., LPA
HONORS & AWARDS
- Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
- Most Powerful Women in Accounting
- Accounting Marketing Hall of Fame
- Accounting Marketer of the Year
- 12 Marketing Achievement Awards
- Silver Quill & Best of Division
- 20 Under 40!
- Association for Accounting Marketing – past president, committee volunteer & member
- Junior Achievement of East Central Ohio – chair, board of directors & classroom volunteer
- Stark Parks – marketing volunteer
- Ohio Northern University | BSBA (with distinction), management / public relations / pre-law
- Emerson College | MA, political communications